Bank of McKenney
Bank of McKenney is a small bank headquartered in Mc Kenney, VA. The bank operates 6 branches in 1 state (Virginia). Bank of McKenney has deposits of $146.4 million, and was established in January 1906.
This bank is FDIC insured - all deposits are protected for up to $250,000.
About Bank of McKenney
In 1956, the bank made expansion plans for a new $50,000 building at the corner of First Street and Route 40. The brick structure, rectangular in shape and modernistic in design was finished in 1957 and adjoined the McKenney Hardware and Supply Company building. It wasn’t long after the move that the bank changed its name to Bank of McKenney.
For 86 years, the bank remained a one-branch operation and proudly served the residents and businesses of McKenney. In 1992, the bank initiated its biggest change since 1906 – the opening of a second branch. With the growth of Dinwiddie County, bank leadership knew it was time to expand and offer customers more convenient banking. The Airport branch was opened at the entrance of the Airport Industrial Park.
Along with growth, bank leadership also knew that keeping up with technology was just as critical for servicing customers as the friendly smile that they had grown accustomed to know. When the Dinwiddie branch opened in 1995, it opened its first onsite Automated Teller Machine, now more widely known as an ATM. Having this modern-day convenience gave Bank of McKenney the “high-tech” edge over its competitors, all the while still offering the same down-home business friendly environment.
The bank’s board of directors and senior officers understand that having more branches gives customers greater banking convenience. “We have an advantage over the competition. Not only do we offer multiple branch and ATM locations, we are what the competition wants to be. We’re the hometown bank that all the other banks want to be. While we understand convenience plays a major role in our bank’s marketability, we also know that customers we’ll stay when they’re treated right. It’s really quite simple, the Golden Rule works.” says April Green, marketing coordinator.
The bank expanded its footprint in June 2006 with a temporary branch in Prince George County. New State of the art facility in Prince George opened on December 3, 2007.
Although Bank of McKenney has grown from its original location in McKenney to a bank servicing the communities of Dinwiddie County, Chesterfield County, the City of Colonial Heights and Prince George County, one thing remains the same –SERVICE. Regardless of where a branch might be, Bank of McKenney has always been known and remembered for its down-home, friendly service. It’s a business where people are treated like friends. Bank of McKenney takes great pride in knowing its customers and calling them by name. It’s the same friendly service that brought Bank of McKenney to its 100-year milestone that will lead it to the next!