Open a free checking account at Berkshire Bank and you can earn up to $100 in bonuses. The deal is good through Oct. 31, 2010. You can complete up to four of the following tasks and receive $25 for each one:
- Sign up for online statements
- Set up and receive direct deposit
- Pay a bill with online bill pay
- Turn in your old debit card and replace it with a Berkshire Bank debit card
- Refer a friend who opens a free checking account (up to two referrals)
You can open a Berkshire Bank checking account with as little as $10. Bring in your old checks and you receive a free box of checks for your new account. Another perk includes receiving a discount of 0.25% on consumer loans when you set up automatic payment from your Berkshire Bank checking account. (You must qualify for a loan to receive the discounted bank rate.) You can also receive $10 off the annual fee for opening a safe deposit box.
Berkshire Bank is based in Pittsfield, Massachusetts. The checking account offer is valid only for new checking customers at the bank’s New York branches and can be withdrawn at any time.