E-loan has a CD rate of 1.26 percent annual percentage yield (APY) for a 1-year term. The interest rate on this certificate of deposit is current as of June 1, 2011, and can change at any time. Other online CD rates and terms include:
- 1.05 percent APY for 9 months
- 0.75 percent APY for 18 months
- 1 percent APY for 2 years
- 1.15 percent APY for 3 years
- 1.35 percent APY for 4 years
- 1.9 percent APY for 5 years
- 2 percent APY for 6 years
Shorter certificate of deposit terms than those listed are also available. You’ll need a minimum of $10,000 to open a certificate of deposit at E-loan. The CD rates assume that the principal and interest will remain on deposit for the full term. Early withdrawal of funds results in a penalty fee.
E-loan also has an online savings account with tiered savings rates. The rates include:
- 0.2 percent APY for balances of $5,000 to $9,999
- 0.5 percent APY for $10,000 to $24,999
- 0.55 percent APY for $25,000 to $49,999
- 0.6 percent APY for $50,000 to $99,999
- 0.65 percent APY for $100,000 and up
E-loan offers banking services nationwide. It is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Banco Popular North America. Accounts are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp.